| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |
The Timex Watch Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

My First USSR Repair - Raketa

July 15 2012 at 11:37 PM
No score for this post
JerseyMo 
from IP address 173.54.54.182

Well, I never thought I would buy a Soviet "Rocket" but that is just what I did on Saturday. It was running fine when I wound it up so I decided to give it a case cleaning. Suddenly the darn thing slipped out of my hand and it hit the base of the wash sink. Dumb #@!% I shouted at myself and picked up the watch only to see it had stopped. Double Dumb %$#@. "Okay take a breath there Mo and figure this one out"

To the bench I went and figured the most likey thing that happened was the finger on the balance slipped out of the fork. Only problem was I could not see the fork at all. (First Pic) Much like the expression went in the old TV commerical "gee boss I always wanted to work on one of them furrin transmissons", I started to take it apart.

A screw here a brigde there, "where the heck was the darn fork?" Turns out it is coverd by a plate under the balance. By now I had the watch about 90% apart. Finally it came down to lifting the balance and reinserting and "BAM" the finger fell right into place. Next was to put it all back together. Which actually was easier than I thought it would be.

Here she is all cleaned up, new crystal and striking black leather strap. There is a personlized etching on the back that I will have one of my Russian colleagues translate for me.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

nicely sober,

No score for this post
July 16 2012, 1:52 AM 

and what a no-nonsense movement! and a new way to test waterproofing. tim

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - My First USSR Repair - Raketa
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help | Off-Topic Section |

Timex Watch Forum stats counter
Web Site Hit Counter