listed here, but the site where they were has been down for awhile. It sounds like you have something set wrong. Let's go over it very quickly....
1. Set up a group or groups that have access to your forum(s).
2. Put members in each group according to their access level (moderators have more access permissions, of course).
3. Give each group the correct access permissions for each forum (very important).
4. Set the group to public or private depending on whether you want to allow people to ask to join each group or not.
5. Set up your forum permissions. The following is one of several different ways to give or block access..
- Anyone (Public access) - No access
- Anyone with a Network54 Login - No access
- You - Cannot change...
- Your "Members" group - Post, Post HTML, Post Moderated or Revise
- Your "Moderators" group - Approve or Edit/Delete.
- Blocked IPs - Cannot change...
Keep in mind, permissions follow a "food chain" of priority. Setting lower level users with higher permissions automatically overrides higher level users with lower permissions. For example, if you allow "Anyone" to be able to edit or delete everyone's posts, you cannot set any other group permissions to Post Moderated, since they are already a member of the "Anyone" group.
RipperNetwork54 Forum Tech TipsAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums