Lots of hits from...Senegal?

August 17 2010 at 10:23 AM
No score for this post
Maxine  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
from IP address 96.249.118.150
Verizon Internet Services
United States

I host a small forum about frugality. We would normally get around 1,000-1,300 hits a day, mostly from the U.S. with some from Canada and the UK and occasionally other countries. Over the past few days I've noticed quite a few hits from the Russian Federation and, especially, Poland. There were also quite a few listed as N/A, and a few from satellite. I used to have satellite internet, and they've never shown up separate from U.S. hits. Never many N/As, either. (Where are they from, anyway? Mars?).

Yesterday I happened to mention on the board that we'd had quite a view visits from Poland, as well as some from the Russian Federation. Today: no hits from Poland or Russia, but almost 400 (and counting) from Senegal!

I have the feeling that something fishy is going on. Does anybody have a clue what it might be? This is an "anyone may read, only members" can post board. No new applications for membership.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement