September 29 2010 at 9:39 PM
No score for this post
Coalde  (Premier Login Faz1)
from IP address 74.198.8.58
Rogers Wireless
Oakville, Ontario
Canada

Howdy,

How does one register our site with Google, I tried adding a site and Google wants to verify I own it in one of four ways...

"Add a DNS record"...I have my doubts you folks will let me mess with your DNS (although I do create DNS records in my real world job for customers), I think we can cross that off the list. wink.gif

"Add a meta tag to your site's home page"...I tried putting the meta tag that Google wants to see in every field I could think of on on forum 211833 (Oh crap I've memorized the forum number)...it never seems to show up in the source code for the page when I reload it. Although I do suspect that this is likely solution to my problems...I am just not clever enough to figure it out...but in my defence it is after midnight here.

"Upload an HTML file to your server"...I don't see anyway I can upload files directly to the forum directory (although that would make my gig as an Admin at 211833...that has a certain ring to it you know?...soooo much easier wink.gif )

"Link to your Google Analytics account"...anything with the term "enterprise-class" usually demands more money money than I would be willing to give Mike (the owner...and nice guy that he is).

Any assistance or clarification that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Coalde

Please work out any matters you have with warnings or bans with the Moderator responsible...only after this has not worked may you e-mail an Administrator for questions about bans or warnings...

MikePapa1, Administrator, ASIA & PACIFIC and HISTORY & POLITICS
Element7, Administrator, MAIN FORUM and THE DEN
Coalde, Administrator, GREECE & TURKEY and EUROPE & MIDDLE-EAST

Do not e-mail the forum owner about bans...the final determination on bans rests with the administrators.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement