Score 5.0 (1 person)

Another_Lurker  (Login Another_Lurker)
from IP address 94.193.204.170
Be Un Limited
Saffron Walden,
United Kingdom

Response to Yeah, I saw that

Hi Ripper,

Once again, thanks for your efforts. I've just tested again and the problem hasn't changed. Surely there must be some way of escalating the problem to Network54 technical staff?

I'm running Windows XP, and my current version of Chrome, 7.0.517.41, was released on 19 October 2010. The problem with posting on Network54 Forums didn't appear until some time after my last successful post using Chrome on Forum 198833 which was at 20:01 UTC+1 on October 21 2010. I noticed the problem when attempting to post on 23 October and reported it in this Forum

Since the last Chrome update had already been in for 2 days at the time of that last successful post the ball is well and truly in Network54's court! It has to be an update they've introduced some time after 20:01 UTC+1 on October 21 2010. I used to be a Systems Programmer, it's not exactly rocket science to look back through a list of patches applied, do some intelligent thinking, put two and two together, and fix the problem! happy.gif

There should be at least some clues as to what's gone wrong in the post I made here when I reported the problem.

If Network54 want to abandon 8% and growing (Chrome current usage) of all web users then so be it, but that would seem a pretty stupid decision to me!

Again, thanks for your efforts.

Regards,

A_L

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.   

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement