Help   >>  Support Index   >>  Network54 Admin Forum   

Return to Index  

Re: About ASCII chars

January 28 2011 at 10:48 PM
No score for this post

(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

Response to About ASCII chars

No, it's not always about security. In some cases, it's about how HTML communicates with the outside world.

It's not just here. I have website customers who regularly send me content to add to their sites, and this content sometimes includes "other" characters (aside from the usual letters and numbers). If I try to copy and paste the content as-is, directly from Microsoft Word or some other word processor, I get all kinds of added code and garbled text where the web page is supposed to be. I have to strip it clean, either by running it through Notepad frst, or by manually going in and deleting all of the added code (mostly CSS additions, but not always).

As for your math problems, have you tried shutting off HTML for that forum? I know, it's a pain in the ***, but it might just solve that problem. For people that want to post images or other HTML, you just add a second forum where that is allowed, but math code isn't. I'm not sure if there's another way around it.

spinbrush.gif
Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement