| 
 My Account 
 | 
 Help 

Help   >>  Support Index   >>  Network54 Admin Forum   

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • If you understood the problem
    • Ripper (Premier Login ripperproductions)
      N54 Volunteer Moderator
      Posted May 6, 2010 10:31 AM

you wouldn't be complaining. Here is a rough cut of the issue. Embed codes can be used to embed more than audio and/or video. Hackers have figured out a way to inject malicious code using the embed tag. It is not easy to defend against something you openly allow to happen. Shutting it down, while not popular, is sometimes the only recourse until a resolution can be found.

I personally do not know why YouTube videos are allowed and others are not, but I assume it was either that they figured out a way to make sure the code that was coming from YouTube was authentic and non-malicious, or they worked out a security plan WITH You Tube and have not done so yet with other content providers.

Me, I would rather have a safe website than worry about some stupid video of a dancing bear someone says I "have to see".

spinbrush.gif
      Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
      sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.