No score for this post

Alan  (Premier Login alans2708)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
from IP address 88.107.67.75
Tiscali UK Limited
United Kingdom

Hi all

A little help please,

Is there anyway to Prevent my forum articles from being 'copy and pasted' over / onto other sites or into emails please?

2nd, how can I get 2 more forums established within my existing one? Could the 'annoucements' forum become same as 'general' discussion one for use.

Are either of these possible please and if so how??

Thanks in anticipation.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ripper®
(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

Re: Stop 'cut&paste' + need 2 more forums within my existing one

No score for this post
February 22 2010, 10:06 AM 

Alan,

The only way to stop "cut and paste" on your forum is to never post anything on it. Once you put stuff on the internet, there is no control over how people use it. Basically, if you don't want anyone to use your content, don't put it on the internet.

You cannot have sub-forums in this format. You can create an index and then your forums will ALL be sub-forums. You can also add links to your "main" forum to your other forums, but you cannot show them in a typical sub-forum style (like a PHP forum does).

That option might be available in V3, you can check that out here:
http://www.visigroups.com

spinbrush.gif
Ripper?

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifSwap and Tech Forums

Alan
(Premier Login alans2708)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
Tiscali UK Limited
United Kingdom

Thanks ,

No score for this post
February 28 2010, 11:29 PM 

Hi Ripper,

Thanks for the help, can you please explain further the way to create the 'index' as suggested and the way to link forums together to my main one.

The 'visigroups' idea looks promising, so may give that a try.

Rgds Alan

Ripper®
(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

Indexes

No score for this post
March 1 2010, 7:46 AM 

On your admin page, http://www.network54.com/My_Account/ , select "Indexes", then "Create a New Index". That should take you here:
http://www.network54.com/My_Account/Indexes/New. Fill in all the necessary info then hit "Create". Next, select your new index from the resources on your page and hit "Resource List". Highlight whichever forums and chat rooms you would like on that index page (you highlight more than one by holding down the CTRL key while clicking the mouse on each resource you want in the list)...

To use your new index, you need to add a link to it on every forum, such as the ones at the top of this forum.

spinbrush.gif
Ripper®

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement