August 25 2010 at 5:38 PM
No score for this post

JC  (Login Juan.Carlos)
from IP address 189.155.92.224
Uninet S.A. de C.V.

Delicias,
Mexico

Hello

I have visited this forum since 6 years agohttp://www.network54.com/Forum/234743/ , the last year his owner left the forum, and now there is a lot of spam, and offensive message, fake information, etc.. we need have control again of OUR forum, how can i get the acces?, y have tried to contact with de ownership via mail but i dont have notice of him.

Please help us!!!!!!

FORO TV NARANJA EN Twitter @FOROTV_NARANJA

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nick, N54 Customer Support
(Login N54nick)
Network54 Employee

Re: How can I becom a OwnerShip of a Forum?

No score for this post
August 25 2010, 5:58 PM 

The login that owns the forum has logged in recently, so it is not considered abandoned.

Regards,

Nick
N54 Customer Support

Annie
(Login AnnieNemus)
Comcast Cable
Centerville, MA
United States

Then it should be shut down

No score for this post
August 28 2010, 6:42 AM 

Just looking at the first post was offensive enough, and if the owner isn't willing to clean it up then......

http://www.network54.com/Forum/234743/thread/1282925946/last-1282976583/WOW+LAURA+EN+23+PUNTOS+WOW

[linked image]
Annie

Juan Carlos
(Login Juan.Carlos)
Uninet S.A. de C.V.

Delicias, 11
Mexico

You Dont help these Forum!

No score for this post
August 31 2010, 11:18 AM 

This message was posted to ask your help to this forum, and you didn't do nothing, you had to ban to troll who was posting trash. you didn´t do nothing!

Now you has disable that forum, YOU DID NOT HELP THEM, now the "troll" has got his goal.

Ripper
(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

The forum owner is at fault

No score for this post
August 31 2010, 11:48 AM 

If they allow people to post anything they want, without ANYONE policing the forum, they risk getting shut down. It is not the responsibility of Network54 to police the forums. If an abusive or illegal post is reported, their only recourse, if the forum owner chooses to let that happen, is to shut the forum down. Don't blame them, blame the forum owner who did nothing to stop this.

spinbrush.gif
Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

Juan Carlos
(Login Juan.Carlos)
Uninet S.A. de C.V.

Delicias, 11
Mexico

I told you that the owner abandoned that forum

No score for this post
August 31 2010, 12:01 PM 

The owner isn´t over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said:

The login that owns the forum has logged in recently

How can you to know that he has login in that specific forum? probably he visited other forums, and he don´t knew of the troll, this is the reason because i ask for your help in the original post, now foristasare telling that de "disabling" was my fault because i tried to ask for your help !!!!!

Ripper
(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

You didn't tell me that

No score for this post
August 31 2010, 9:25 PM 

you replied to Nick about that. Let me enlighten you as to how things on the internet work, OK?

If you are the "owner" of an internet bulletin board or "forum" as we call it, you are responsible for the content that is posted on it. How it works here at Network54 is, your forums are tied to your login. If you login within 6 months of any given date, your forum is not considered "abandoned" no matter who wants to say that it is. That is just how it goes.

You saying the forum is abandoned does not make it so, sorry. The forum owner logged in, which is all he or she has to do to keep a presence in the system. The fact that they did nothing to stop the abusive posts on their forum means they did not care enough about it, the users of the forum or the hosts of the forum. The only thing that could be done, was done. Complaining about it will not change what happened.

Here's an idea. Start your own forum and make sure no one posts abusive things on it, or at least delete them in a timely fashion if they do. That's all you need to do.

spinbrush.gif
Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

Maxine
(Premier Login MaxineS)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
Verizon Internet Services
United States

If you choose to start a new forum...

No score for this post
September 9 2010, 9:11 PM 

...be sure to post on the old forum where you are going, so people can find you. Our community was locked out of "our" forum about 4-1/2 years ago. Although we started a new bulletin board immediately, we could not post where we were going. We lost about half of our members in the process. Since the forum in question isn't being moderated, you should be able to post a link to a new forum and have it stay there. We now have an "anyone may read, only members may post" policy. Not an ideal situation, but better than the problems we had previously.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement