No score for this post

(Premier Login tatialoringcc)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
from IP address 71.163.53.252
Verizon Internet Services
Rockville, Maryland
United States

Hi!

The SEARCH FEATURE has been out for two days.

We've been getting this message:

Search is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

This is a paid Premiere account. Any ideas what is going on and when it will be fixed?

Thanks,

Tatia

http://www.network54.com/Forum/172251/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login tominMPLS)
Comcast Cable
Minneapolis, MN
United States

Search sucks anyway

No score for this post
January 6 2011, 1:30 PM 

For the last week all I get for my monthly payment is no search function and "Internal Server Error" messages. This is getting real old people. How about let's fix the problems.

Tom

"What, me worry?"

(Login tatialoringnw)
Rockville, MD
United States

Back ON ...

No score for this post
January 7 2011, 3:02 PM 

SEARCH finally came back on this morning ...

Thanks,

Tatia

(Premier Login susanklmr)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
Cox Communications
Oklahoma City, OK
United States

My search went down last night

No score for this post
January 17 2011, 7:12 AM 

There must be some way to fix the search.  That is one of the small things seperating a Premier account and a free account. I love NW54 and have owned an account for many years, but it seems like very little of our money is being invested back into the product....just sayin'. 

(Login cloudwater)
United States

Re: My search went down last night

No score for this post
January 19 2011, 8:53 AM 

My search is down now as well.

I agree a lot with Susan. I've had a premier account since 2002, back when it was called Plus Services. It's been almost a decade, but the forums don't seem significantly different now than they were back then.

The only thing I don't agree with Susan on - I don't love NW54. My love for it has waned over the years. Now it seems decidedly antiquated compares to other forum solutions. The only reason I have changed over to some other solution is sloth.

I realize we are paying very little for these forums. I would gladly pay more to get more (and more reliable) services.

Thank you,
Al

(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

Re: My search went down last night

No score for this post
January 19 2011, 9:08 PM 

The only other option is to host and maintain your own bulletin board on your own website. I would not suggest this if you do not know PHP and SQL programming, or at lease have a basic knowledge of HTML. Hosting your own solution is the only way to have complete control over every aspect of the software, but it is time consuming and tedious, at best. I spend more time updating and editing the bulletin board portions of several websites than I do on nearly every other part of the same websites. The only other part that comes close is the shopping cart section. Network54 is definitely easier on the maintenance end, since there really is no maintenance on the user side. The problem is having to wait for them to do things. It's a double edged sword..... It's up to you to decide what it is in your best interest.

spinbrush.gif
Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

Current Topic - SEARCH feature Not Working
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement