Help 

Help   >>  Support Index   >>  Network54 Admin Forum   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Non-English characters

June 8 2011 at 4:40 AM
No score for this post
Bonnie Reeve  (Login SenateOffice)
from IP address 202.165.197.4
Primary netblock hubbed out of Port Moresby.

Port Moresby,
Papua New Guinea

Is it possible to post in English with some inclusion of Hebrew or Greek characters? I tried but the non-English characters failed to appear on my post.

Thanks.

The Lordship of Christ:

I Corinthians 8:6 (Restored Name King James Version):
But to us there is but one Elohim, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Master YAHUSHUA the Messiah, by whom are all things, and we by him.

--------------------------

The Lordship of God:

(Matthew 1:20, Restored Name King James Version)
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login N54nick)
Network54 Employee

Re: Non-English characters

No score for this post
June 11 2011, 9:30 AM 

Bonnie,

The forum owner designates that language of the forum. If the forum is in English, then only English characters are accepted. Sorry.

Regards,

Nick
N54 Customer Support

(Premier Login vintagetimex)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
Telewest Broadband
Bristol, B7
United Kingdom

Some non-Engish characters - -

No score for this post
July 16 2011, 3:20 AM 

- - will display, such as French "acute e" - é - provided you use the correct code for them. That would be - ampersandeacutesemicolon - where ampersand is the & symbol, and semi-colon is ;.

Don't know about Hebrew or Greek letters, you'd need to do some research into HTML "special characters" or "Unicode" to find out if any characters are available to use and then try them out in a posting to see if they work.wink.gif

A copy of the Elizabeth Castro book "HTML for the Worldwide Web" helps with a lot of these obscure items - maybe pick one up in a thrift shop or on the bay, it may well be out of print by now as things move on, but lots of the info is still valid - and since N54 supports much of standard HTML, it should work. She also lists how to import characters from outside sources into standard HTML, and a final thought is type them up and save as an image that you then insert into your pages if they are static pages, but that loses flexibility. sad.gif

Mel as Admin

The Timex Watch Forum

(Premier Login vintagetimex)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
Telewest Broadband
Bristol, B7
United Kingdom

Bonnie, meant to add - -

No score for this post
July 16 2011, 3:37 AM 

- - if you want to try this out the format looks like this

& eacute;

but don't leave a space between the & and the rest of the symbol coding. This makes it all a tad clunky to use, if, for example you wanted to spell Emanuel in Greek or Hebrew, I think you'd need to do one of these for each individual letter
of the name - very time-consuming and hard work! happy.gif

HTH helps you

Mel as Admin

The Timex Watch Forum

Current Topic - Non-English characters
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement