No score for this post
F Coppola  (Premier Login sgratis)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
from IP address 87.11.33.190
Telecom Italia
Pisa,
Italy

Hello,
we (an association in Italy) are using several long-standing (Premium) forums that were created (several years ago) and owned by another person, whose nickname was "sgratis": he gave us the login and the password, but we would like to change it to IstitutoScientia.
How can we do?
I understand that the login cannot be changed.
But, if it is possible, please change "sgratis" to "IstitutoScientia". Otherwise I will create such a login ("IstitutoScientia") and ask you to transfer them from sgratis to IstitutoScientia.
The forums are premium and we will continue to pay for them.
Thanks.
F.C.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ripper
(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

Re: Changing the nickname of the owner

No score for this post
December 9 2011, 8:07 PM 

The only way to do it is the way you suggested. Create a new Premier login and have the forums switched over. Remember, only forums transfer. Realms, access groups and other resources do not transfer.

To be honest, the only time it matters is when the forum owner posts. If you want to save a ton of work, just keep the forum ownership as-is and use the owner login only to maintain the forum. If you like seeing the "Forum Owner" tag on your posts, create a group named "Forum Owner" or something similar and put your other login in that group.

spinbrush.gif
Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement