February 6 2012 at 7:51 PM
Score 2.0 (1 person)
  (Premier Login rbmac5)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
from IP address 68.4.54.147
Cox Communications
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
United States

Why can't I do it now? Or....is there another way to do this?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

Re: I used to embed youtube(s)

No score for this post
February 8 2012, 7:38 AM 

Did it just stop working or have you not tried an embed in quite awhile? They changed the coding for security reasons, but that was quite some time back. Do a search on this forum for "embed" if this is something you haven't done in a while. If it is recent, you'll need inside help.

spinbrush.gif
Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

(Premier Login rbmac5)
Cox Communications
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
United States

Oh it's been quite a while.

Score 2.0 (1 person)
February 8 2012, 1:25 PM 

I just tried it to be sure and it won't embed from Youtube.

In fact, if I past the code--it won't show up when I "preview" the post--as though nothing is there. Maybe there's an html tag missing since the ungrade????
---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
I just posted a youtube embed right here between the dash lines and I see nothing. If you edit this post you'll probably see the code, but the scene won't show up......

(Premier Login rbmac5)
Cox Communications
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
United States

I found it!!!!

No score for this post
February 8 2012, 2:17 PM 

This post explains how to select it
http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/message/1306365990/How+to+embed+Youtube+using+Safari

I use a dell/ibm clone PC, not a Mac, but it's still relevant. Choosing the old code works. However, some youtubes do not allow embedding and I suppose that's what they were trying to "secure" with their upgraded procedures.

Thanks for suggesting the search which I did a few daze ago but didn't notice the Mac instructions post. Well I noticed it but thought, "I don't have a Mac soooo.....

Rob

Current Topic - I used to embed youtube(s)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement