| 
 Search 
 | 
 My Account 
 | 
 Help 

Help   >>  Support Index   >>  Network54 Admin Forum   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I have an annoying poster and I want to block him.

February 22 2012 at 9:26 PM
No score for this post
Moderator  (Login Beatrice77)
from IP address 71.22.237.242
Jacksonville, Florida
United States

Supposed to be when I delete his post, I would be able to see his IP address and I can use this IP address to block him.
But when I edit or delete his post, I don't see any IP address. How do I make it appear?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator

Are you the forum owner?

No score for this post
February 23 2012, 8:19 PM 

If so, you should be able to set that in your admin area. Also, you can go to the following page (change YOURFORUMID to the forum ID you are trying to edit)

http://www.network54.com/My_Account/Forums/Edit/Message_Editor?forumid=YOURFORUMID

Note, that link goes nowhere.... You have to edit the link to match up with the forum you want to delete messages from... That page shows IP addresses by default, as far as I remember.....

spinbrush.gif
Ripper

sticky.gifNetwork54 Forum Tech Tips
sticky.gifAirbrush and Paint Tech Forums

(Premier Login bob2aa)
Network54 Premier Admin Group
Sprint PCS
Kansas City, MO
United States

How to deal with annoying posters

Score 2.0 (1 person)
February 25 2012, 4:32 AM 

The best way to deal with annoying posters,trolls and troublemakers is to follow Ripper's advice,because IT WORKS:

"There are two ways to deal with trolls. Only one way works. Ignore them. Delete them. Don't let anyone reply to them or comment about them. Delete all posts mentioning them, attacking them, or even trying to reach out to them. They crave attention. They must have never gotten a "there ya go" from Mommy in their entire lives.

Replying to them, locking their threads, even trying to reason with them will only cause them to never leave. If you make believe they don't exist, they will eventually get bored and go bother someone else who hasn't figured out to ignore them yet.

This has been proven many, many times over, on every forum I have ever visited.

The only other recourse is to make your forum private. Trust me, it is a whole lot easier to get rid of someone on a private forum than it is on an open one."

http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/message/1325885492/Re-+That%27s+one+way

Cheers,
Bob

P.S., if you love hummingbirds,please visit us:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/439743/

Current Topic - I have an annoying poster and I want to block him.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement