Help 

Help   >>  Support Index   >>  Network54 Admin Forum   

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

Announcment: Update on Network54

August 29 2017 at 4:27 PM
Average Score 5.0 (2 people)

Chris Moser  (Login cpmoser)
Network54 Employee

We are excited to let you know about the next evolution of Network54.

As we look at our traffic, we see that mobile now accounts for over 50% of the traffic viewing Network54 forums. And Network54 was designed for desktop traffic. To help us improve accessibility on mobile devices, we are going to partner with Tapatalk. Tapatalk has been a leader in providing native app and mobile web experience to forums. Given Tapatalk's expertise in mobile, it is a natural step in the evolution of Network54.

In a couple of months, you will will soon begin to see some enhancements. These include:

- Ability to view Network54 forums on the Tapatalk. Free (and -
optional) for everyone

- For Admins and Moderators, you will be able to moderate the forums on the Tapatalk app (requires Admin or Moderator credentials when logging into the Tapatalk App)

- Upgrade to a new forum system, providing additional features and controls

- Improved spam control and filtering of inappropriate (adult) images

While there several improvements, most things will remain the same, including:

- Your existing settings and controls

- For those on Premier, ad removal

Stay tuned for future announcements, and let me know if you have any questions.
Chris Moser
Network54

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ripper
(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator
Optimum Online (Cablevision Systems)
New Canaan, CT
United States

The new system

No score for this post
September 1 2017, 9:33 AM 

is still not working properly. If I use the new /f/ folder here or at other places where it is enabled, I cannot post or reply at all. I have to change the /f/ to /Forum/ then I can post or reply. It is such a problem that someone wrote a script to change the folder

One solution I've found...

Score 2.0 (1 person)
August 29 2017, 9:16 PM 

... is: Javascript will free you from this kind of trouble.

If your forum is javascript enabled, you very likely will love to try this:

<script type="text/javascript">
  var now = window.location;
  if (!now.pathname.indexOf('/f/')) {
    var redir = now.origin + now.pathname.replace('f', 'Forum');
    location.href = redir;
  }
</script>

Just enter the above javascript code inside the session "Header (HTML Enabled) on every page" and it will bring your forum back on the rails.

- Sleep well, again...

"xuA\n02W{L0Q\nÅ»Ç{pp\"G"

Messias-BH.
(no login)
New Canaan, CT
United States

I wrote this script.

No score for this post
September 2 2017, 6:32 AM 

Not "someone" Ripper, but ME... Messias-BH. (esquiloesperto).

Ripper
(Premier Login ripperproductions)
N54 Volunteer Moderator
New Canaan, CT
United States

No insult intended

No score for this post
September 5 2017, 8:12 AM 

I wasn't sure if you wrote it as you said you "found" a solution. I find lots of things..... wink.gif

"xuA\n02W{L0Q\nÅ»Ç{pp\"G"

Messias-BH.
(Login esquiloesperto)
New Canaan, CT
United States

You're right.

Average Score 3.5 (2 people)
September 12 2017, 7:12 PM 

Ok, I am not insulted at all.
Here, in Brazil, we often use "I found (something)" to express "I did/got (something)". Thus I'm sorry for such mess. Excuse me, please.

Gerardo Lazos
(Login glazos)
New Canaan, CT
United States

Unable to approve messages

Average Score 2.0 (2 people)
September 27 2017, 1:02 AM 

While my community's moderators and I still have access to most regular features, approving messages of anonymous posters has become an issue. There is no way an un-registered participant's message will get approved now, as such feature immediately sends an error. What can I possibly do to have it fixed?

Garvin
(Premier Login Garvin2)
New Canaan, CT
United States

Great to hear!

No score for this post
October 9 2017, 9:20 AM 

Well I sincerely welcome the news that new blood is to be injected into the Network 54 system, although I'm not really bothered about mobile myself. It may go towards countering the feeling that the system has been somewhat neglected in recent years (no offence, Chris!)

I'm a big fan of the ethos behind these message boards - in particular the apparent absence of corporate greed (ie. Photobucket...) motivating the owners. It's refreshing to encounter in the modern internet.

When you think Network 54 started in the 1990s, it's incredibly impressive that so many forums are still going strong. That's centuries in internet terms! It's a testament to the strength of the original concept and technology.

It would just be good to know that the valiant Ripper is not the only 'crew' on duty here during the seemingly endless months that the captain is not present!

Garvin
(Premier Login Garvin2)
New Canaan, CT
United States

Duplicate post

No score for this post
October 9 2017, 9:20 AM 

This message has been edited by Garvin2 from IP address 82.39.105.154
New Canaan,
United States on Oct 9, 2017 9:22 AM

Keith Mifflin
(Login mrmaltby)
New Canaan, CT
United States

How about fixing the broken search function!!!

No score for this post
October 14 2017, 3:29 PM 

This has been down for several weeks now

Tatia Loring
(Login tatialoringnw)
New Canaan, CT
United States

IS THIS WHAT IS CAUSING ALL THE PROBLEMS?? PLEASE RESPOND CHRIS

No score for this post
October 17 2017, 4:17 PM 

Chris,

We have been with you close to 15 years. To put it lightly, the inability to contact you or hear from you is worrisome!

The SEARCH feature has been out for over a month, please can't edit messages or change personal photos, etc. etc. I've also started to notice a slowdown in posting (and these weird punctuation marks on the bottom left of my postings ...)

Please LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!!

If things are under construction because of Tapatalk, we'd just like to know ...

We've stayed with you all this time (and as a paying Premiere member) because we like it here, but we need some communication from you and a fix to the problems going on.

THANKS ....

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

Copyright © 1999-2005 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement