Home > Discussion Groups > Japanese Modelling

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 1 November, registration is compulsory if you wish to post on this Japanese Modelling Discussion Group. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/449919/message/1130495649/Compulsory+Registration+on+Discussion+Groups
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.
Japanese translation service

Return to Index  

Re: willow type 93 for diorama

October 10 2009 at 9:58 AM
Takashi Matsumoto  (Login takamatsu)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 117.108.0.57

Response to willow type 93 for diorama

Hi, Brock.

I am not an authority of IJN, so writing reliable information first.
At first, Type 93 intermediate trainer was painted silver and tail was painted red. Painting's having changed into the orange depends on the notice on December 29, 1938. Green camouflage was painted in 1944.

Then I'm able to say only uncertainty information, willows float planes was not in-land China areas.
As a result of searching, most of practice Air Squadron was in Japan at that time. There were also in Korea, the Kainan island, and the Philippines but it seem not to have been in mainland China. The number of seaplane practice Air Squadron unit was little, and all of those seems to have been in Japan.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E5%B8%9D%E5%9B%BD%E6%B5%B7%E8%BB%8D%E8%88%AA%E7%A9%BA%E9%9A%8A%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7#.E5.88.9D.E6.AD.A9.E8.A8.93.E7.B7.B4

In many cases, the novice pilot's training is is done by the safety areas. No novice American pilot training in Iraq and Afghanistan, you know.
IJN seaplane forces was mainly used in islands of Southeast Asia until the airport is constructed. I think the operation of seaplane to be limited very much in the inland China area.

Of course, a part of Type 93 were disposed to front-line troops and used as utility plane, I cannot be denied existence at all.
However I don't recommend the seaplane to add your diorama at least.

Regards.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re:type 93 Willow - Brock Beckstedt on Oct 10, 2009, 12:52 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse