I compared the two kitsNovember 20 2011 at 7:50 AM
|david nickels (Login djnick66)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Response to Dave, I have the Finemolds Type 97 Shinhoto "Early Hull"...
Also... I noticed the turret ring holes are slightly (maybe 1mm?) off from each other. I don't think I really need to make a new upper hull deck but just enlarge or shim the turret rings. Or just cut the rings off the bottoms of the turrets and swap them out. The tank I want to make is the 57mm Chi Ha with the late hull. But I figure if I can at some point in the future use the Shinhoto turret on the early hull that is good.
If the 57mm gun tanks all had the hatch I can add that. I want it closed anyway so I can just scribe it into the upper hull. And for the Shinhoto I can just putty it over and sand it out. That was my main concern.
Thanks for confirming the details I was wondering about. I can make my late 57mm tank
- Tamiya Shinhoto turret - Peter Rathgeb on Nov 20, 2011, 5:21 PM
- Hey Peter... - Roy A. Schlicht on Nov 20, 2011, 6:10 PM
- I do know the shortcomings - david nickels on Nov 20, 2011, 7:54 PM
- Chi He top hatch perhaps but... - Roy A. Schlicht on Nov 21, 2011, 12:56 AM
- Position of turret etc. - Peter Rathgeb on Nov 21, 2011, 7:37 AM
- Sure thanks - david nickels on Nov 21, 2011, 7:56 AM
- I agree... - Peter Rathgeb on Nov 21, 2011, 8:59 AM
- I'd appreciate the info as well... - Roy A. Schlicht on Nov 21, 2011, 11:33 AM
- One more day... - Peter Rathgeb on Nov 21, 2011, 5:22 PM
- Thanks, no rush... - Roy A. Schlicht on Nov 21, 2011, 5:38 PM
- yes no hurry - david nickels on Nov 21, 2011, 5:45 PM
- Peter, any updates... I haven't heard from you... - Roy A. Schlicht on Dec 7, 2011, 11:47 AM
- not forgotten, but... - Peter Rathgeb on Dec 8, 2011, 9:13 AM
- I give up..... :-( - Peter Rathgeb on Jan 9, 2012, 6:45 AM