| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help |
The Timex Watch Forum SALES, TRADES and WANTED Page
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Thanks Mo - Restorations in progress

April 9 2012 at 4:45 PM

from IP address 88.104.120.148

Did a deal with Mo on some knackered Electric watches in return for restoring his Timex Sample Watch. Hope it reaches you soon Mo. Posted over a week ago. I'll do a separate posting for the restoration pics.

See below the original watches sent to me by Mo and a couple now restored.

My daughter loves the girl's electric. I'm restoring all the others pictured as well.

I'm just in the process of rebuilding the Q. A bit wrecked inside but the balance is good and I've reshaped and re-planed the balance spring. Just in the process of rebuilding the circuit board (A client of mine gets the components for me)and then I'll strip out the train and overhaul and clean. It needs jewels fitting due to worn pivot holes.

Regards to all (hope you all had a great Easter)

Greg

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mo's Sample Timex Restoration Pics

April 9 2012, 5:11 PM 

Apologies for the slight sepia effect on these photos, but they were taken under the workshop light.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Re: Mo's Sample Timex Restoration Pics

April 10 2012, 11:58 AM 

That looks great!

What would you charge to repair a couple of late 50's Self Winds? They just stopped working one day. I took them to a few watch repair places around me and was basically laughed at. It sucks. They are good looking watches.

Thanks

Jeff

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Thanks Mo - Restorations in progress
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

| Login/Logout | Timex Forum | Sales & Trades | Interesting Links | Contests | Manuals & Catalogs | FAQ's & Help |