Forums for all who enjoy sharing information about New Orleans food, drink, history...                       
Forums Index   Food   Nostalgia   Recipes   Soap Box   Pets   Books   Media   Reviews   Gardening   Abbreviations   Food Blog   WAG   TWS

Support the Locals

By using the following links you will support local businesses, authors, & entrepreneurs and help to pay the forum rent -- and it won't cost you a penny more.

The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection Shop

Northshore Tennis

Lake Pontchartrain
Catherine Campanella
Order online at Octavia Books
(Support the Locals)

or Order at Amazon.com

Ruby Slippers
Amy Cyrex Sins
(Support the Locals)

or Order at Amazon

Gumbo Tales
Sarah Roahen
or Order at Amazon

Books by Poppy Z. Brite
or Order at Amazon.com

And the nonlocals:
Just about anything you might want can now be found on Amazon. Begin your search here.

Cheese:
Cheese and More

Various Food Items:
New Orleans Seafood Boil Supplies
Ethel M Confections
Port Chatham Smoked Seafood

Gifts:
Harry and David
Wine Country Gift Baskets

Sewing:
Sewing Products

Today's Deals at Amazon

What'cha Watchin'?

Return to Index  

It was still good

September 8 2007 at 9:47 PM
NOOAWLINSMA  (no login)

Response to Re: Getting ready to watch The Way We Were

although I didn't get the same romantic feeling I did as a teen. I guess those days are long gone. Now, Love Story....LOL. I saw it not long ago and I agree. It was sappy allright. Ali McGraw couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. I didn't realize that when I was younger. I was too wrapped up in the sad, syrupy love thing.
Romeo and Juliet was another one of those movies. I remember getting that lovey, romantic feeling in my stomach and then crying at the end. I still like it, but no funny feeling in my stomach and no more crying.
I guess I got old.....too bad. I kinda liked that romantic, sweet feeling.

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Advertise on this site   Recover Your Password   Contact Mr. Lake