Hunter Class - mildots, am I missing something??September 13 2010 at 10:14 AM
|Dan (Login DanChong)|
For now, I'm sticking to Hunter Class due to a back problem.. Changing from traditional PCP to Hunter presents a lot of different challenges. One of them is the scope rules...and here goes my problem: I'm using a Nikko Stirling 6-24X 50 set at 12X. Using CP Heavies, I set the 0 at 20 yards; that being the top of the ballistic curve.
Now, I know I can use the sidewheel for ranging, but can't use the turret for clicking (according to the Hunter's rules). That only leaves me the crosshairs as 0, and 2 mildots lower to aim with. Even with a perfect ranging tape and knowing the exact distance to a target, I have most of the time to aim in between dots, with nothing to really concentrate with. I try to mentally divide the distance between mildots 1/4 distances, so I can go -1/4, -1/2, -3/4, etc, but that is very crude compared to precise turret adjustments.
I'm new to the Hunter class, but is this as good as it gets? Am I missing something? Thanks for any hints, inputs, etc. Dan
- Some scopes have 1/2 mil-dot reticles... - Getzen on Sep 13, 2010, 10:24 AM
- Here is what my MTC Viper looks like - Thome Scott on Sep 13, 2010, 10:30 AM
- not much problem for me (ymmv, though)... - bill price in VA on Sep 13, 2010, 11:17 AM
- Nothing missing but a decent scope... - Charles Garvey on Sep 13, 2010, 12:25 PM
- When splitting dots... - Rich Woods on Sep 13, 2010, 1:38 PM
- The Mildot scope wasn't very useful for me. - Ed Canoles on Sep 14, 2010, 7:15 AM