mentoringOctober 30 2010 at 5:01 PM
|l.pirrone (Login LARRYPIRRONE1)|
there is always talk about how to get and keep new shooters. here is my idea. when a new guy comes in we normally put him with an experienced shooter for his first match but then seem to put him with a different shooter every match and kind of forget about him. How about assigning a mentor to stay with that shooter for six months or so? that way the experienced shooter gets to know the new guy and his deficits and can better teach him. the two shooters can stay in contact between matches as well. certainly not perfect but could work well if a new shooter is willing to stay with it. of course this requires that the mentor be willing and would require a comitment to it.
just an idea. now lets hear what you think.
btw, i would be willing to mentor a new shooter till he beats me.
|This message has been edited by LARRYPIRRONE1 on Oct 30, 2010 5:10 PM|
- not a bad idea! - bill price in VA on Oct 30, 2010, 6:25 PM
- Great idea.....sign me up - Paul Bishop on Oct 30, 2010, 7:16 PM
- I don't like it - L D on Oct 30, 2010, 9:03 PM
- Blind draw... - Rich Woods on Oct 31, 2010, 3:22 AM
- Mentoring.........Hmmmmmm - Knobs on Oct 31, 2010, 2:44 PM
- Re: mentoring - Joe in MD on Oct 31, 2010, 6:00 PM