Return to Index  

results at home, in the cold and rain

November 5 2010 at 10:36 AM

(Login -bp)
YF

Response to Hey Bill please report back after the match...

it was not comfortable but i was on the porch and out of the rain for all but the setting of the targets, which went limp on me...

focus for rangefinding is good until 45 yards, then it becomes very subjective to your eye and how cold and wet you are and how much you'd like to be back inside...

there is some difference in focus from 45-50-55 yards, but not a lot. certainly more than on my 40mm scope, which has almost no difference between those distances

the scope is bright and sharp at 12x, and even at 16x which i can't use in hunter class anyway

the crosshairs are much finer than those in the centerpoint, but same number of dots (six in each direction from the center crosshairs, giving 15 holdover points in windage and elevation, counting the points on the heavy lines at the edges.

the leapers high one-piece mount is good ($14.97), and so is their wheel ($14.97)

all in all, i'm happy with it

-bp

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.