Return to Index  

Strange

February 15 2011 at 9:26 PM
L D  (Login lhd)
YF

Response to 60 days to first DIFTA shoot

Our club would allow about anything safe so long as the gun is too powerful and the shooter recognizes that if his equipment or style deviates too much from the club standards in way that gave him an advantage others couldn't have and still be "legal" he wouldn't be eligible for the "win" in the class he is trying to compete.

For years we had a guy compete with us that used a bipod from the prone position mostly, but also ranged and clicked normally (I think) and shot in open class. Since he normally wasn't a contender for the win, it wasn't an issue. his scores were posted and nobody quibbled, they knew he was practicing the way he truly hunted, and so it was no biggie.

Say, for example a guy wanted to shoot in the "International class", but used a harness ... well, he couldn't claim a win if he had high score in the class, but he could still SAY he was shooting in that class if he did all the other stuff required ... just would miss out on a chance for a trophy

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.