Match Etiquette - What do you do when your squad partner talks while you're shooting?April 27 2011 at 11:42 AM
|Tony (Login Trojan1994)|
Over the past years that I've shot FT, I've heard quite a few stories of folks competing at local, state, regional and even national FT Matches where people were squadded with a shooter that would get really chatty with them as they were in the lane taking their shots.
I've only experienced this on a couple occasions and the chatter was definitely with the intent to break my concentration but not at a level that I couldn't ignore it.
What is the proper method of handling this situation where the squad partner is purposely being a pain in the arse with their chatting in a major match that you are shooting in if they don't respect your requests to quiet down when you are in the lane taking your shots?
Do you tell the MD and have them talk to them or get reassigned a new partner? Can a MD reassign partners once the match has started or are you stuck riding out the rest of the match stuck with some jerk?
- Tell Jokes when he is shooting. - Tim McMurray on Apr 27, 2011, 11:59 AM
- Just shoot! - Harold Rushton on Apr 27, 2011, 12:01 PM
- Sounds extreme to me.. - richwoods on Apr 27, 2011, 12:03 PM
- Ask them politely not to talk while you're shooting - Carlos in ATx on Apr 27, 2011, 12:07 PM
- Silence treatment... - HookEm on Apr 27, 2011, 12:17 PM
- i wear a duck call around my neck - bill price in VA on Apr 27, 2011, 12:52 PM
- LOL...not a big deal... - David B. (govols) on Apr 27, 2011, 12:55 PM
- ear plugs - JohnnyI on Apr 27, 2011, 1:00 PM
- I dont hear u guys talking for the most prt and wht i hear doesnt matter<nt> - gregc107 on Apr 27, 2011, 2:19 PM
- How about a plain old fashioned STFU? - JohnnytSuperDad on Apr 27, 2011, 3:24 PM
- And what if it is the guys one or two lanes down? - Héctor J Medina G on Apr 27, 2011, 8:26 PM
- polite first; MD second; then I am not sure .. NT - Dan Kennison on Apr 27, 2011, 10:49 PM
- It has cost me a national championship - Ron Robinson on Apr 28, 2011, 11:18 PM
- Motormouths - Philip on May 1, 2011, 6:26 PM