Return to Index  

great points Bill....... i see it your way pretty much. in the UK

September 14 2011 at 12:54 PM
Ronnie Easton Match Director in Sacramento  (Login Thumpman1)
YF

Response to A few years back the HFT class was borne .............

a 40 year old shooter is a veteran and ready to retire. hft is a totally different game there and that is where the game stemmed from. we made our own version of it and has become a class for those that can not support there self in the sitting. age plays a big part of that i think and the fact that many Americans are over weight. the use of harnesses are also an aid the Brits and others in the UK do not use or even want to use.

i like American Field Target, and i like the fact that, we as Americans, can take our own path. i like the classes the way they are. happy.gif

i never had hunted with quick sticks and chair for more than a day. 1st, i find it combersome in the field and not practical unless one is out on open ground shooting squirrels or something like that. moving through the forest with a bucket and sticks and gun and gear is a bit too much personally. the way i have been taught to hunt from my grand father and uncles is the old fashion way i guess. there are plenty of places to take up a position in the forest by choosing to sit on a stump or behind a fallen tree or big bolder. they never seemed to have any trouble despite there old age hunting this way and would laugh at me for suggesting that i bring a chair along with us.

i would hunt the way i shoot f/t now or a slightly modified version of it.

ronnie
www.EFTC.us

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.