Return to Index  

I've got a Bushnell 4200 as well

November 12 2011 at 2:27 PM
Carlos in ATx  (Login crgintx)
YF

Response to Interesting because I compared my................

in 8-32x and it looks as the 12x under the same low light conditions as the Leapers but both seem brighter and sharper than the Simmons. All are bright and sharp under normal lighting conditions. Could be the Simmons lenses are using a different lens coating that lets in just a bit less light at low lighting conditions.

The Leapers has mildots, illuminated reticule and sidewheel focus for a a quarter-third of the price of a Bushnell 4200. The objective lens on my Leapers is also quite a bit larger than my 4200's which could play into the brightness illusion. The ultimate would be a longer fixed 12x scope in a tube size of your choice with sidefocus, IR with half mildot recticules. The longer tube might give you a bit bet range finding past 40 yards.

We've pretty much reached the engineer limits of what passive optics can do under most lighting conditions. Adaptive Optics are the next step and they aren't that far off.

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.