Paolo and Jan, it was a great pleasure to shoot with you.
This was for us an 'experimental' shoot in many ways. We broke down our guns to see how reliably they would come back together after a long trip in wheeled, drop bottom, duffle bags. Scopes parted from actions and actions parted from stocks a few days before came togeher the morning of the shoot.
It was also experimental in the sense that Veronika has opted to shoot exclusively the non-lead pellet. We have done quite a bit of experimenting with different lubes and feel we have found one that works in this specific barrel-pellet combination. What we have not had too much time to do is getting her a sound, reliable trajectory. But she is happy with the consistency so far, and I think we will go on shooting with this for the season.
On the "takedownability" of the rifles, I have to say that the D54 fared better than the HW95; extrapolating, I think that the Pro-sport and the TX200 SRL should do just as well. As the fact that the action is bedded into a rail that then gets mated to a stock should help keep everything on track (pun intended)
I was very pleasantly surprised by how well the RWS Lockdown bases came together with the actions. Our problems to get the 95 re-zeroed with the non-lead pellet were much more a the result of the ignorance of the trajectory, more than a limitation of the bases to come back together with the actions in very close to zero condition.
I need to get a good, compact, reliable torquemeter, and I need to change the HW95's trigger guard/stock-action screws for Allen headed screws, this will reduce the need for tools. As of now, I need just one wrench size to take apart and put together my D54, but I need two allen wrenches and two screwdriver sizes to take apart and put together the 95.
It was also the second time I shot the WFTF D54 in a match, can't say I am not pleased with its performance, I do need some getting used to the Horusvision reticule again, as it has been some years that I had not used it for such precision work.
Our next Match will be the Cajun's, we'll continue refining the travelling and shooting procedures, as Norway is approaching if not fast, relentlessly.
In this sense, I would encourage DIFTA and ALL the clubs to use more the "one shot per target" format, if Jan can run the numbers, I do think that, on average, he can show that it was a harder way to shoot the course.
It was a great pleasure to adjourn to the Clubhouse for the after match computerology, numerology, fieldtargetology and scopeology chit-chat, and share shooting the breeze with Ed, Henry and Bill. We did miss Keith there, but it seems has was in somewhat of a hurry.
Thank you both for keeping us dry and for a fantastic shoot!