Return to Index  

A really long and boring Match report ....

April 23 2012 at 7:03 PM

James Brinkley  (Login AngliaUSA)
YF

Those of you who like detailed FT match reports .. brace yourselves !
I promised Hector Id add lots of pictures, descriptions and long words, 'descriptive adjectives', I think is what he meant, so here goes nothing !

We were all under orders to arrive early and be prepared for a 9.30am match start.
An 8.30am sight-in on the lower meadow was requested.

Sadly there was a 45 min late start for practice, due to some unforeseen issues with lanes, strings and targets but nobody seemed to mind . much wink.gif

Hector and his crew had been cutting the grass the day before, and had filled the previous day, weed whacking and creating new lanes created to enhance the venue.

I think before I go on, a HUGE thank you to these hard working guys who worked so diligently and with much enthusiasm to make the CASA range what it is today !

Cheers guys - your work (under Hectors guidance) is and will be much appreciated.

So here is the practice range set up with paper targets, spinners etc from 10 to 55 yds.
Something for all to get zeroed in at.

[linked image]

And here we all are assembling, signing our paperwork, handing over our fees and prepping for the match.
20 anxious shooters all ready to start knocking them down!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Here is a shot of the Eucalyptus grove that the main 14 lanes are situated in

[linked image]

[linked image]

Although now we now have 4 new lanes in the area from which these pics were taken.

For some strange reason Hector decided not to shoot.
He was probably too burned out from the previous days hard labor .
But he was omnipresent flitting from lane to lane throughout the match making sure everything was going smoothly and all the targets were functioning correctly. His dedication to making CASA a success is nothing short of inspirational.
Not sure what he's on but Im guessing it's addictive and illegal ! LOL.... but hey .... he got it done and in my opinion , exceedingly well.

Here are a few of our little toy BB guns we like to shoot, all lined up on the practice field.

Not much to look at in terms of quality .

Mostly Chinese copies I think .

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Except for this fine piece of British engineering .. enough said wink.gif

[linked image]

So after the briefing from our commandant we all got paired up and got to the business of using air to propel tiny pieces of lead at pretend animal cut outs
that fall flat if you hit them in just the right place.

Business or art form ....you decide , I was just told I had to write a whole bunch of long descriptive words, explaining the process to a bunch of folks who know all there is to know about the sport in the first place .... ?

Anway, I digress ...

I had my 3 kids in tow and so I bribed Tim to mentor my daughter Natasha (9),

Jim Ziegler wanted his usual cash fee to work with my Eldest son Alex(12),

at which point I ran out of cash so I had to take my other son Nicky(11) under my own tutelage.

I'll try to remember to bring more funds with me next month.

Alex with Jim Ziegler. and Natasha and Tim in the foreground.
(Tim was hiding and refused to be photographed for this report ?
Not sure why ..... something about being banned from life ? )

[linked image]

[linked image]

And here is my middle Son Nicky doing his thing, under my occasional guidance.

[linked image]

[linked image]

and heres yours truly , trying to figure out which direction to turn that big shiny wheel thingy ...

[linked image]

Ok so I guess I should now go into a long winded description of the weather conditions

Nah.... bollocks to that, warm, and sunny with light to variable winds typical CASA shooting conditions.
If it was any more perfect the club would have to start charging more to shoot !

Where was I ....... ah yes . 'The match.'

Ok ...... so we had 12 lanes, 2 targets per lane, 2 shots per target. 48 shot match probably a high 30s Troyer scale perhaps a 35/36 ? In laymans terms that means - it was unusually hard at least by my standards.
At least the wind wasnt too bad which was in itself a small redeeming factor.

Now I should mention that Hector likes trees and high places.
And from the new high up hidden behind branches where the hell is the target positioning of these targets ,
it is natural to assume that most of us had a problem hitting these tiny little kill zones hidden in the upper canopy of the Eucalyptus grove.
And you'd be right .. at least us lesser mortals did .. lol.

High in the trees on the left at 38yds and on the right at 44 yds.

[linked image]

Very challenging shots, to range and hit. At least for me . Time to practice my elevated shooting me thinks.

Anyway here are some match pics > I'm boring myself by my own narrative, so I won't add the who's who and what they are shooting to each photo, if you check the score sheet at the end of this report you will probably be able to figure out the who's and the what's all by yourself.

If I failed to photograph all of you who participated, I apologize I was trying to shoot the match as well, and time and camera battery life was at a premium.

Anyway Enjoy the match pics.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

By 1pm we were done and we had a tie for 1st place and an off hand shoot off.

Here is Kelly Hawe . Doing his thing 'Homer Simpson style' and missing! 'Dooooo' still 2nd place .. nothing to sneeze at right !
Even though you were beaten by a girl wink.gif .... Then again I guess we all were .... even so, Nice shooting Kelly !

[linked image]

[linked image]

And the Champ VIPHA MILLER , who put it down and won the match.

[linked image]

Next came the mandatory tear down and clean up socializing and shooting the breeze.

Our 'occasional' president Bill Trammel looked on ..

[linked image]

as Hector tried to recruit some new CASA governing members and / or range masters.

[linked image]

Promises were made . But that's all my kids would divulge ....

Art simply shrugged and said he's seen it all before .

[linked image]

Thanx ALL for making it a great match and see you next month.

Until then - I wish you all continued safe shooting.
James Brinkley

Bugger . I almost forgot the results . If there is missing info it is because it wasnt on the score card. Sorry.

Congrats to our class winners.
OPEN PCP Vipha Miller 41/48 - won by shoot off
OPEN HUNTER Bruce Adamson 42/48
OPEN PISTON James Brinkley 37/48 - I decimated my competition by shooting against myself !
Int. Junior Hunter Nicky Brinkley 24/48

OPEN PCP

NAME RIFLE SCOPE PELLET SCORE 48/48
1st Vipha Miller P70 NIKKO 10x50-60 ? 41
2nd Kelly Hawe CR97 BSA 10x50-60 CPH 41
3rd Tim McM USFT ? ? 40
Henry Nguyen USFT Leapers 8-32 H&N 36
Bill Tramel USFT NIKKO 10x50-60 10.34 36
George Doganis AA MPR Hawke 8-32 JSB 34
Ian Roberts USFT NIKKO 10x50-60 CPH 32
George Sanchez Maurader Hawke Tatical JSB 30
Al Waterford Steyer LG110 NIKKO 10x50-60 H&N 28
Ron Jobbes CRX Delux NIKKO 10x50-60 JSB 27
Linzie Boise USFT NIKKO 10x50-60 CPH 22

OPEN HUNTER

Bruce Adamson TM100 Hawke 6-24 JSB 42
Jose USFT Hawke 8-32 JSB 33
Scott Hull TFS8 Leapers 3x12-44 JSB 28
Art Burciaga Simmons 4x12 JSB 26
Jim Ziegler USFT Hawke JSB 25

INT. HUNTER JUNIOR

Nicky Brinkley CZ S200 Hawke Eclipse JSB 24
Tasha Brinkley CZ S200 Hawke Eclipse JSB 16
Alex Brinkley CZ S200 Hawke Eclipse JSB 15

OPEN SPRING PISTON

James Brinkley JW65 NIKKO 10x50-60 H&N 37

This message has been edited by AngliaUSA on Apr 24, 2012 9:56 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.