Return to Index  

GOB match 5-2012

May 14 2012 at 10:52 PM
FireMarshal  (Login FireMarshal)
YC

Good Old Boys - May 2012

We got lucky here in middle Tennessee Saturday and had an almost perfect day for shooting. There was practically no wind until right at the end of the match and the rain held off. There were 9 shooters with 5 in PCP, 2 in WFTF, 1 each in Piston and Hunter classes.

Our friend Rod Bradley from down south was able to get away from work for a change and had a terrific score of 57/60 for the top score and tops in WFTF too. Rod was sporting a beautiful new stock on his Dominator and he did dominate the field today, as he cleaned every lane but 3.

My shooting partner was David Slade and I thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the fact that he had no mercy on me. David brought along a beautiful P70 with a B & L 6-24 scope and had a score of 49/60 in the WFTF class for tops in that class. Harold Rushton had problems with his usually very reliable EV-2 in this class. He ended up with a score of 44/60. Dont get your hopes up too much, he will be right back.

Charles Gravey was 3rd overall and the only shooter in the Piston class. He had a good score of 48/60 with his HW 97 and 35X Leupold scope.

Gary Law had a score of 28/60 in the Hunter class. He was the only competitor and was using a new Marauder with a Centerpoint 3-12 scope.

There were 4 other competitors in the PCP class behind Rod Bradley. Our host Roz Sumpter had a score of 47/60 using his new TM 1000 with a Nikko 10-50 scope. Dottie Berry also had a TM1000 with a BSA 10-50 scope and had a score of 43/60. Pat OBrien (Me) had a score of 36/60 using the USFT Carbine with a Nikko 10-50 scope and just could not get on track until right at the last 4 or 5 lanes. I was trying to go easy on David Slade and he still just didnt play fair. The only thing I beat him at today was getting to the range earlier. An inside joke. Ha!

We got a surprise today when our friend George Hamilton from over Memphis way showed up. I always enjoy seeing George at the matches. He was using the NJR with a Night Force scope and got a score of 32/60 while shooting just 8 lanes.

All in all, it was a lot of fun at Rozs Hollow. Wish you could have been there.

Dont forget, the GOB match is just around the corner in June. You really dont want to miss this one. Its a 2-day match on June 9 & 10, I think. Check the schedule at the AAFTA website.

David Slade said there will be a match in 2 weeks at the Invicta range at Minor Hill, Tennessee. I believe it will be the 4th Saturday of the month. See you there.

Pat O'Brien

FireMarshal

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.