Return to Index  

LOL Bill.......if the prize money was greater it MIGHT matter!

May 20 2012 at 4:12 PM

Ed Canoles  (Login nced1)

Response to ft rules to minimize cheating?

While I'm amazed at what lengths some folks will go through to try winning a piece of paper I'm thinking that some simply don't know the rules. A few years ago a fellow showed up at DIFTA to shoot hunter class (when the class was combined piston & PCP). He used a low lawn chair with back for a "bucket", had a three legged camera tripod ATTACHED to his PCP, and simply layed back in the chair to take the shot. I felt that this was definitely stretching the rules, however the range master allowed to compete with that setup.

IMHO it would make for a really miserable shoot to get so anal about a POSSIBLE cheater stealing a piece of paper that the matches become "policed by the Gestapo"! Some new folk might simply be ignorant of the rules instead of actually "cheating". Recently at DIFTA it was learned that during the match a new hft shooter was rangefinding at "high power", then turning the power down to 12X to take the shots. Till then it had never been considered that someone would make such a mistake.

This message has been edited by nced1 on May 20, 2012 4:12 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.