Return to Index  

Heflin 6/2/12 results

June 4 2012 at 11:00 PM
Ken Hughes  (Login Kennjr)
YC

Shooting FT on a bright cool sunny Saturday morning in Heflin AL is a great way to start off your weekend in June. I had been looking forward to the our monthly match all week so I could get in my last bit of match practice before heading up to the GOB Championship Match next weekend. Paul did his best to challenge us, attempting to simulate the GOB courses as best he can, and I think he did a great job. The lighting and the wind did have quite an effect on the scores by the end of the day. A good deal of lunch conversations revolved around how many misses we all had and how nobody had a good read on the tricky winds that constantly shifted all day as well as the bright back lighting flooding the scope that made ranging targets nearly impossible.

Regardless of all the excuses everyone had a good time. Peter tried out a new rifle, Doug's Protarget to see how he liked shooting PCP rifles and I think he is going to become a regular in the FT scene around Heflin. Thanks everyone for coming out and enjoying the day with us and we hope to see you again next month.

[linked image]
Paul and Loren knocking down targets!

[linked image]
Loren Getting loaded up for the next hit happy.gif

PCP:
Walt Roller Protarget Burris 8-32x CP 10.5 38/48
John Whitfield Walther Dom. Sightron 10-50 JSB 10.3 32/48

Hunter: Piston
Paul Oswalt Prosport Simmons 6.5-20 AA 8.4 24/48
Loren Hanson TX200 Hawke 4-12 JSB 8.4 20/48
Peter Nylen TX200 .22 Hawke 4-12 CP 14.3 19/48

WFTF:
Doug Vinson Ripley AR5S March 8-80 JSB 8.4 38/48
Ken Hughes NJR100 Lynx 10-50 JSB 10.3 38/48

This message has been edited by Kennjr on Jun 4, 2012 11:04 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.