Return to Index  

Airgunners of Arizona June FT match report

June 17 2012 at 10:35 PM

(Login Mark.in.AZ)
YC

Airgunners of Arizona Field Target Match Report
Camp Verde, AZ June 16, 2012

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Mormon Lake didnt happen this month due to fire restrictions in the Coconino National Forest. Fortunately, our ranger contact who looks out for us, gave us a heads-up a week beforehand. After more than a few emails back and forth, Bobby stepped up with a big "S" shield on his chest, his hands on his hips, and his cape flowing in the breeze, and said, "I'LL DO IT!" , or some kind of superhero gibberish similar to that. Of course he needed Sandys permission, but we are very grateful that they once again offered their home to us for our monthly match.

Twelve shooters were on hand to get started an hour earlier than our normal 10:00 am start time in order to avoid the heat. It was a comfortable 77 degrees at 7:30 am but warmed up into the low 100s when we finished. Fortunately, we had plenty of shade and plenty of water, along with plenty of good natured humor.

The shooting heated up pretty good too, and when all was done, Dale performed a feat that only happens once in a blue moon; he went clean, shooting a 40/40!! Great shooting, especially when considering that Bobby doesnt set up easy courses. Everyone had a good time and shot well regardless of the heat.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

When everyone had finished shooting, we gathered for a pot-luck lunch in the shade of the patio, then tallied the scores and handed out awards. Many thanks to Sandy & Bobby, and to all who contributed to the pot-luck. A big thank you goes to Pam, who put lunch together and was in 7th heaven by having the run of Sandys kitchen. Only one group photo this month; too warm to run back and forth on the line taking pictures. I will send out an email prior to next month's shoot to verify time and location.

Respectfully submitted,
Mark

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.