Return to Index  

A "DIY" FT shoot at WLOPA

June 19 2012 at 11:53 AM

(Login HectorMedina)
YF

BIG "THANKS!" should go to Mike Miller and George Blass from WLOPA.

In the absence of David L Day (sudden business trip), we convened at Wolcott's Landowners Protective Association on Saturday morning, at around 08:45 everything was starting to stir, the targets were out of the shed, and the crew was complete with the (slightly) late arrival of the Medina-Ruf squad LOL!

Anyway, while all the "manly men" put up the FT's, braving the wetlands of WLOPA, Veronika setup the sight-in range (in a previously cleared field); and by 10:00 we were ready to start.

The shooters meeting:

[linked image]

From left to right: Veronika, Mr. ProSport (sorry, I am really bad with names, but I never forget a rifle! LOL!), Brian, George, Mike and Henry (Enrique).

George squadded two pairs and one three man squad.

As we were all "old hands", we adjourned to the sight-in range:

[linked image]

Where we proceeded to check our "zeroes". Veronika and I needed a little more time as we had just assembled the guns that had been taken apart for the flight back from TN.

After some minutes of dabbling, we went for the lanes. 11 lanes with a total of 20 targets for a 40 shot match.

A typical lane was lane #2:

[linked image]

Where the targets were placed in the trees, a Crow

[linked image]

and a squirrel:

[linked image]

We tried to set up most targets in the trees because the ferns had grown at their proverbial speed and overgrown the lanes. Still we managed to place 20 very interesting and challenging targets (especially the standing ones!). I may be wrong, as my scope is only 16X and the KZ's were measured using the ¼ milliradians in my reticule, so take this as a "WAG":

[linked image]

Average Troyer for the course ended around 30.

After the shoot, all the "manly men" helped assemble the mess we had laid out there and once the targets and strings were counted and accounted for, we proceeded to say our good bye's.

Henry posted one of the Match Highs with a 38/40 using a Rapid in 0.20" cal. in Open PCP. Hopefully, the other scores will be posted later.

By the end of the day we managed to have a lot of fun shooting in the shade during a glorious summer day.

Thanks to David for arrangeing the Shoot "in Absentia", and to George and Mike for all the hard work.

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.