Return to Index  

Airheads of Maine match Results 6/24/2012

June 24 2012 at 7:39 PM

Bill Day  (Login dayjd)
YC

The Airheads 1st shoot is now history. Twenty shooters turned out to play the FT game and it seems a good time was had by all. Special Thanks go to Dan Brown and son Dan Finney for traveling up to shoot with us. Also for helping with the setup of the practice range. It was a beautiful day to shoot field target. We had many new shooters and the going was a little rough getting started because of the 17 locals more than a dozen of them had never shot a FT course before. We had twenty five Rhino targets set up on our regular field course. The course difficulty was on the high side of Hard with a Troyer rating of 39. Dan Brown took WFTF honors by taking down 35 of 50 targets. 70% was a excellent percentage on a course of this difficulty. Dan Finney also had a great day in the Hunter class by knocking down 32 of 50 targets. It was a honor having a World class benchrest shooter and the 2011 National hunter champion attend our event.
The novice class was much easier and rated on the low side of moderate with a Troyer rating of 21. They shot 14 targets and Kieren Sheehan shot a 22 of 26 to take the novice class. One lane was scratched for all who had shot it because of equipment problems. This was Kierens first shoot and I must say he surprised me by his remarkable score. My grandson Shea Stewart was second with a 19. Third place went to my daughter Melissa Day with a 14. Melissa was also the high woman shooter. Of the 17 locals we had six ladies and three juniors competing. That speaks well for our diversity up in this neck of the woods.
After the competition my lovely wife Doreen put on a nice lunch consisting of Hotdogs, various salads, and assorted chips. Special Thank for all that brought food. Also special Thanks to my mom for donating 6 lbs of Hotdogs and for making her famous Taco salad. Honorable mention to my brother Steve for coming out early and helping me get things out to the range.
Would also like to Thank Mark Deboard of Crosman for getting me a great deal on two Discovery's so that I could have enough rifles to place on each of the seven novice lanes.

Here is a list of our participants:
Dan Brown
Dan Finney
Brandon Cy
Christine Whoo
Travis Tripp
Kieran Sheehan
Earle Tripp
Jeremy Sheehan
Shea Stewart
Tom Day
Melissa Day
Steven Day
Joy Day
Bryan Whoo
Mckeen Verril
Ron Leferbve
Julie Leferbve
Kayla Chase
Vicki Carson
Christian Tripp
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by dayjd on Jun 25, 2012 10:40 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.