Return to Index  

My new FWB601 Tactical

July 10 2012 at 10:00 PM

(Login bradtroyer)
YC

I recently received a very used FWB 601 from Scott Pilkington who had graciously given me the rifle just as a thanks for use of my site and providing a free service to the airgun community over the years. The rifle didn't have a cheek piece, butt pad, or muzzle tube however is shot wonderfully.

I gave the rifle to David Slade at Airgunwerks http://www.airgunwerks.com/) and he worked his magic on the trigger and went through the mechanism and got the rifle shooting up to factory specs and better than factory on the trigger. The rifle then went to Rapid Air Weapons http://www.rapidairweapons.com/) to fit one of their moderators to finish off the barrel tube and to remove the high pitched report when the rifle was fired (it was that loud it just bothered me). I also bought an adjustable cheek piece hardware and got a piece of scrap wood to make a cheek piece and butt extension.

I got the stock all together and sanded then I sprayed it with a beige textured paint that looks a lot like the desert finish on other tactical stocks. The rifle turned out pretty good and it shoots wonderfully. The report is nothing more than the sound of the hammer hitting the valve. With the rain we had tonight the wind was dead and I shot a solid nickle size group at 50 yards with JSB Exact RS pellets, I shot five shots and stopped! This will be a fun Mini-Snipping rifle or low power FT rifle.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Brad Troyer,
brad@airguns.net
www.airguns.net

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.