1. Art Burciaga, CRX-20, 3x12, CPH,..........................32

OPEN PISTON
1. Larry Pirrone, AA Pro Sport, Hawke 8x32, JSB 7.87...........30
2. Hector Alfaro, TX 200, Premier Optics, JSB 7.87............29
3. Rick Rogers,R9, leapers 8x32, FTS..........................25
4. Carlos Iglesias, Hawke 8x32,cometa 10.3....................23
5. Ed Curry, TX 200, B&L 6x24, JSB 8.3........................22
6. Ron Jobbes, tx 200, Bush, JSB 8.3..........................18

A clear, hot and windy day greeted the CASA boys and girl for a great day of field target. I tried a different format today. Instead of the usual 11 lanes and 44 shots we went to 8 lanes, 15 targets and 45 shots. We shot each target three times. One would think that it would make it easier to correct errors with three shots but today with winds ranging between 3 and 9 mph it made each shot unique since the wind was constantly gusting. I know when it gets to 9-10 mph because my wind flag is straight out and my body is moving. I found myself holding off 3.5 mill dots on sone long targets. (my mill dots are the Hawke 20x half milldots). All scores seemed to show the effects of wind. Nevertheless everyone had a great time anbd the new format had us finishing up about an hour earlier. This format will be followed through September. Since i have 14 lanes to work with i can vary the composition a lot from match to match.

Larry Pirrone
CASA Rangemaster
Heavens Ranch facility.

This message has been edited by LARRYPIRRONE on Jul 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.