Return to Index  

For Carlos, follow up to your comments further down.

August 10 2012 at 4:45 AM

Yrrah  (Login Yrrah)
YF

Have you tried these programs for your trajectory plots:

http://cid-fb792f92f07dffae.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/RealWorldClicks.exe

http://cid-fb792f92f07dffae.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/RealWorldPOI%5E_Setup.exe

If you have accurate data for your zero and three other ranges (in clicks or inches POI from your zero) these little programs are gems. Data retrieved can be optional for mildots, clicks, inches or moa. Dave Eades wrote them years ago.

They don't depend upon one knowing MV, BC, accurate sight axis above bore at the muzzle, etc.

Of course as you know, time of day (temperature) altitude and wind direction can confound any predictions including charts constructed from data actually collected in the field on a different day, or even the same day at a different time like early in the morning before competition.

You should be able to open them from the above references.
Left click the references above, then go down to the one with the ticked box for each. Then right click for download prompt; and left click to download - they are very small programs. .....

These copies are courtesy of Greyskull (Adam) on the NZ Airgun Forum. He used one of them to set up in South Africa Worlds at 4,000 ft and totally unfamiliar environment. He had just one hour to get sorted and found it spot on.

I often use them at the farm with changed rifles or different rifle tunes and they never fail me, even at extreme ranges.
Kind regards, Harry.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Thanks! - Carlos in ATx on Aug 10, 2012, 5:55 PM
  •  
On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.