Return to Index  

FS - Ataman FT Rifle (M2 Sport) 12 FPE

January 26 2017 at 10:29 AM
Jeff D  (Login jcdx25)
YC

This is quite literally the 'best' true FT style rifle I've owned. My issue is one of obsession... I love these and keep buying similar rifles but don't shoot in any style (home or in FT) that really benefits from this type of rifle. Haven't shot FT in toooo long but I shoot Hunter and since my Airwolf self destructed several years ago, my best outings have been with a bullpup of all things (out of a wall of Steyrs and other stuff)... Back to the point.

This is a 'one of a kind' in the sense that I am not aware of any others in the US. The action is said to be the same as the benchrest version and their are a couple of those in the US.

I have everything it came with. Hamster, 2 fill probes, manual, test targets, a couple of allen keys. Single shot tray is installed. There is no mag but there was some discussion indicating that the ataman mag would fit. I've not tried it and do not have one. The Hugget is not included but the rail mounted forearm can be if requested. Scope is not included but may be for sale soon... separately.

Please note the milling of the barrel in the pics... Came this way and I received no meaningful info from the retailer or manufacturer saying anything other than "...but it's a really good barrel". I can include a CF tube that can be cut to fit over the barrel if you like. You will have to fit it.

One hole on paper targets from 10-23y (all I have on easily accessible flat ground) 1 inch(ish) groups possible at 55y on MY range. I say possible because there is always some wind here and on a calm day I can manage 5-8 /10 pellets in a dime(ish) size hole.

note on the 'shot string' I found 280bar to be a bit high. a 250fill still provides plenty of shoots for a FT match and is very consistent in the low 780's

except for some visual traits, this is the same rifle that Daystate is rebranding to their name as the 'Tsar'.

I'm at $1850 shipped. If you want to do PP, I'll want help with the fees!
Happy to answer questions or supply requested pics.
Jeff Deyesu on the BOI

jcdx25@aol.com

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by jcdx25 on Jan 29, 2017 9:45 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.