Return to Index  

DIFTA Match Results

February 12 2017 at 9:16 PM
Paolo Amedeo  (Login pamedeo)
YF12

It looks like that, for a few shooters the match in North Carolina was not enough and wanted to shoot a few more targets. Therefore, considering that the weather forecast was calling for fair weather, we agreed to organize an ad-hoc match at DIFTA today.
Unfortunately, we experienced an extreme case of Maryland weather unpredictability and, in less than a day the forecast moved from less than 40% probability of up to .1" of rain and temperatures well into the sixties to 95% chances of up to .5" of rain and temperature in the low fifties.

This morning, ten shooters showed up for the match, despite temperatures in the low-mid forties and significant rain (I guess we got at least 1"). Due to the mutated weather conditions, it was decided to move twenty targets from the regular lanes to the sight-in range and we shot a 40 shots match with targets arranged in four lanes of 5 targets each.

I cannot provide the statistics of the course difficulty but I estimated roughly at 26-28T

Disgusting performance of Mike Harris, who almost cleaned the course.

Everybody had a good time and, by the time we were done and the grill fired-up, it had stopped raining altogether.

Here are the results:

Shooter Rifle Scope Pellet Division/Class Score
Michael Harris Steyr LG110 .20 Sightron 10-50x60 JSB 13.43 .20 Open PCP 39
Chris Corey Steyr LG110 March X 8-80 JSB 13.4 Open PCP 34
Dennis Todd Steyr Sightron 10-50x60 JSB Monsters 13.34 Open PCP 28
Al Otter USFT #16 March X 8-80 CPH Open PCP 27
Keith Knoblauch Steyr LG110 FT Leupold 35 Comp. JSB 8.4 WFTF PCP 38
Paolo Amedeo Marauder XL Leapers 8-32x56 CPL WFTF PCP 24
Dean Mihalovits TM1000 .20 Sightron 10-50x60 JSB 13.73 Unlimited 36
Mark Mayer Daystate Air Wolf .22 (20ft lb) Sightron SIII FT 10-50x60 JSB 16gr Unlimited 28
Curt Hathaway HW97 Hawke 3-12x50 JSB 10.3 Hunter 23
Vince Sempronio Marauder Hawke 8-32x56 AA 8.4 Hunter 16

Paolo & Jan

This message has been edited by pamedeo on Feb 12, 2017 9:20 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.