Return to Index  

Well here's my 2 cents

February 14 2017 at 10:52 PM

Paul Porch  (Login paulporch)
YF12

Response to AAFTA National Championship 2017 in November at Phoenix Airgun Club

First I only started FT in 2015 with the nationals as NC my first grand prix event. This past year I competed in 6 GPs… Three in the South East and three in the North East including the Nationals in Michigan.
At each of these events the cost of the event was never over $100 even with Giunslynger, Pay day, Challenge and Quigley events at the Pyramid Cup. So $165.00 seems a little high. I guess the Banquet is pretty fancy to justify the added funding…??

The shotgun start is normal but to have 2 teams waiting at lane one, to enter the shooting pad, seems like it will allow the team coming from lane 17 to cool down, waiting to get to shoot.

Plenty of forced positions? Will there be more than is required under the AAFTA rules?

Breaking for lunch in the middle of the match is not good for me either for the reasons already stated above.

LAB Radar……. I have a friend with one and it needs a microphone to pick up the sound from an air gun. Myself and a friend have AZ shrouds on our Steyrs and the sound of the striker is louder than the exit of the pellet!

Thin air and faster FPS…. We need to figure this out and adjust when sighting in. Coming from sea level, we need to take a chrony to figure it out? If so, more stuff to pack, unless one is available to use for this purpose.

Thursday morning briefing was covered, and yes it adds another day to the event along with the Sunday banquet.

The 80 hour round trip is one thing but adding 2 extra days is a deal breaker for me.

The setup of the course and the facility are very nice. I appreciate the efforts in planning and putting on this event, as my club hosted it in 2015.
This is simply my opinion and take it for what it’s worth.

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.