Return to Index  

What about setting a bar too high?

February 15 2017 at 2:23 PM

Bob D.  (Login MB-BOB)
YF

Response to AAFTA National Championship 2017 in November at Phoenix Airgun Club

Connecting the dots, we now know that PAG hosted the 2016 Extreme Benchrest Nationals, complete with awards banquet, etc. They may think that the formula for EBR can be cookie-cuttered for AAFTA. I disagree...

I may be mistaken, but I feel that AAFTA Field Target has a different (and much older) history and tradition than EBR. Tradition in particular that accommodates shooters with an early as possible closing of the National Match Sunday afternoon so people can get to the airport and catch a Sunday evening flight home. In short, we don’t need to be like EBR.

A Friday-Sunday National Match is our tradition with which everyone is happy, since participation has grown year after year. Just in the last couple years did we add a Friday pistol match. Are we pressing our luck to add more events -- such as the banquet -- that extends the weekend further?

Something else to consider… Are we setting a precedent too difficult to follow?

It's no secret that there are only a few clubs with enough land (and personnel) willing to host the National Match. I know of at least one year when the venue chosen was “volunteered” only because no other club stepped forward.

Inclusion of a Formal Awards Banquet this year might set a precedent that clubs may feel obligated to follow in future. Among the last 4 Nationals I attended, not one was located near a restaurant/banquet facility. So, clubs might feel the lack of a restaurant disqualifies them to host a future Nationals. Enough to convince them not to bid for a future National Match at all.

I don’t think we want to see that.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Feb 15, 2017 3:41 PM

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.