Return to Index  

In 2014 I traveled to this club .....................

February 16 2017 at 7:35 PM
Bill Day  (Login dayjd2)
YF12

Response to AAFTA National Championship 2017 in November at Phoenix Airgun Club

For the Benchrest Nationals. Four of us forced all of our benchrest equipment in to a rental Buick Quest van and we took turns driving to Phoenix. It was a very long trip but we drove straight thru and 48 hours later we pulled into our hotel. We had a great time at the Benchrest event and we attended a dinner at the same Golf club I believe on Sunday night. The match was run very professionally and the dinner was excellent with some very nice toys for the top three shooters in each class besides the medals. We arrived on Thursday and the Match started Friday if my memory serves me correctly. I believe the match registration with dinner included cost was around $125. I shot three classes (Springer, Open, and HV Varmit) I haven't missed a FT National since 2007. I would love to go and want to go, but as Billy Dick said it will cost about $1000 to make this trip from my neck of the woods and would expect that cost for anyone on the eastern seaboard that travels with 3 to four other shooters. Flying is a option but plan on a higher cost if you fly. I'm not counting this match out but I might have to find a part time job if I attend the Crosman event, PYA challenge, and the FT Nationals. I do feel the hosting club should keep the AFFTA National tradition and award five places if participation warrants. I glad you guys on the west coast are getting a travel break this year.
[linked image]~original

This message has been edited by dayjd2 on Feb 16, 2017 7:58 PM

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.