Return to Index  

Hunter Class

March 19 2017 at 7:35 PM
Griff Crutti  (Login GriffC)
YF12

Response to Your opinion would be appreciated .....................

My opinion is to leave Hunter PCP as is. I don't see 12 power max as a major issue considering how flat these rifles shoot. For me getting better at kneeling and standing would have a much greater impact on my score.
Piston guns are a different story. Most experienced shooters seem to set up their springers around 12 foot pounds which makes ranging at 40 yards and up pretty critical. 12 foot pounds combined with 12x ranging leads to a lot of frustration. I believe Hunter Piston would be more fun and better represented with the 12x rule gone.
Also, we all want the sport to grow and thrive. The start up costs of a pcp rifle, scope, tank or pump is daunting to many people who might otherwise take the plunge. Seems to me it might be an easier sell for a newcomer to start with a decent springer and a scope with enough magnification to provide accurate range finding. There is less money required up front, and probably more success early in the learning process.

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.