Return to Index  

Scott, you are correct, the negative clicks comes from the zero not

April 3 2017 at 10:05 PM

Boomer  (Login Boomer75)
YF

Response to Low scopes do not cause "negative clicks".

correlating with the scope height.

So to be accurate, If you want to have a 30 yard zero in a WFTF set up, you are going to have to get your scope up higher to avoid "negative clicks".

My definition of "negative click" is as such: When you have a zero that does not correlate with the scope height, and you choose a 30 yard zero you will have clicks on the back side of your zero.

This is not something most shooters aspire for and as noted, most of the good shooters that "click" their scopes(not hold over) for range adjustments have between 2-4 inches between the center of their scopes and center of their barrels. This allows you to set a 30 yard zero and not have any clicks behind your zero mark on the scope.

Some people do not use 30 yards as their zero but I do because the way my rig is set up, 30 yards is at the back of the "flat spot" on the top end. Doing this, the way my rig is set up allows me to be certain that everything on the farther side of 30 yards, the pellet is actually moving in the downward arc. This may not make sense to everyone, but on the farther targets I tend to aim higher in the KZ to allow for any ranging errors. This tends to allow my pellet to still "arc" into the KZ as needed. Hopefully this helps me avoid low shots that DING and raise my blood pressure. wink.gif

This may not work for everyone, so that is why I titled my first post, this is how I do it and why. If this helps 1 person, awesome. If this does not align with the way anyone else does it, awesome! You all just learned a little bit about how my brain works. happy.gif

Thanks,
Boomer
"I am not addicted...I can quit anytime I want...I just don't want to..."

[linked image]http://www.bagaclub.com/

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.