Return to Index  

A big thank you to the Hull family!!

April 18 2017 at 10:46 AM
JimC  (Login 22Jim)
YF

Response to Results: 2017 Morro Bay AAFTA GP match

First thanks to Scott, Alan and helpers for putting on one of the best executed matches I can remember. An even bigger thank you to Scott's mom for inviting all the match participants to the Hull Family BBQ. All of you who skipped the BBQ so you could get home an hour earlier have no idea what a great meal and event you missed.

This was just a very well run match, everything came off as planned. All the matches started on time and finished quickly. We were finished shooting at about 12:30pm on Sat and 11:30am on Sunday. I do not remember a single cold line, everyone kept up a good pace and I don't recall seeing any bottle necks. I know Scott worked hard to prepare the targets and lay out the course and all the prep worked really paid off. It is a real pleasure to participate in such a well executed match.

We were really blessed by the weather gods! Friday sight in was done in 10-15mph winds. We awoke Saturday to sustained 15-20 mph winds which had been forecast. NO ONE was looking forward to shooting in those conditions. For some reason the winds settled by the time the match started and held at the typical Western States match level until we were finished. As soon as the match was over they picked back up to 10-15mph. Sunday weather was about as good as you could get. As you can see in the pictures, this is the prettiest time of the year in CA, everything is lush and green, with wildflowers everywhere. Everyone execpt those with allergies love this time of the year.

The course was very deceptive. While shooting the match I kept thinking the course was not as difficult as past years but when we finished the scores did not indicate that. This was probably the strongest field ever assembled for the Western States match and I was surprised at how many shooters had difficulty scoring (except for Bill, who was one 55yd shot away from cleaning the course). Scott indicated that while keeping the Troyer similar to past matches, he traded some close, small KZ targets for longer larger KZ targets. It is clear that longer targets mixed with a bit of wind are harder to hit than closer targets with the same Troyer (as most of us were painfully aware of already).

Thanks again to the Hull Family and friends for a great weekend. I'm already looking forward to the August Piston match.

Jim in Sacramento

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.