Return to Index  

Geez guys lighten up ...

May 9 2017 at 11:17 PM

AngliaUSA  (Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

Response to that he HAS to be different?

My comments about Scott , bracketing and Hunter class were meant in jest ....jest folks ,, a joke ... my attempt at humor ...

I USED to shoot HUNTER and Scott taught me to bracket ...

a couple of years ago there was much debate about how Hunter shooters were bracketing from known dimensions of target faces,
cinder blocks , bricks etc ....

basically akin to the hunter shooter being accused of legal cheating ...

cinder blocks were even being placed at weird angles and covered with brush to disguise there shape, and size to discourage bracketing ...

yes it's all died down now and some Hunter shooters still bracket without any fuss or commentary ...

but getting back to my original point IF these targets numbers are used at a match were ALL divisions are shooting the same course then it will be pretty easy for the BRACKETERS to use the known dimensions ...

that's the only point I wanted to make .... it's not good, it's not bad ... it is what it is ....

Nobody shooting in OPEN with a big scope will bother bracketing obviously .... but the point of Hunter is to use a x12 power scope max and we all know that accurately ranging between 40 and 55 yds with these scope is near impossible ...

hence bracketing makes a huge difference and creates an obvious advantage to those that know how to do it ..

Thats all ... I'll go have a little lie down now.

Please let's try to be nice to each other ... the world is scary enough right now wink.gif

continued safe shooting to all

James B

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.