Return to Index  

All very true Dan, but...

May 11 2017 at 5:17 PM
Scott Hull  (Login Scotchmo1957)
YF

Response to it is a lot of work, on a lot of levels

when broken down, it's not hard to handle a single target. Pick your battles. I've seen the AAFTA inventory targets at a couple of National matches now. They are dimensionally unique and varied. Without a visible cinder block base, or standard signage in it's vicinity, they are problematic so I have been resorting to focus range finding or eyeballing when I have seen them. The problem is not insurmountable at all. I have just not felt it was worth the effort for a once/year match. But they are on my list for this year.

Most say that it's the far targets that give them problems when ranging at 12x. So start with those. We know that all targets over 45 yards are 1.5" minimum. A strategy to deal with just those targets might be a first step:

100_4653.JPG

Out prepare your competition. Just the above might be all that you need to beat out some of your close competition. Once you get a workable system in place, all the other targets are no more difficult to do.

Your dope needs to be organized and you do need to be organized in your approach, especially when under the clock. You get better/faster with practice. I don't think I have run a clock out at an FT match in the last two years. I learned to recognize when it's better to focus range find and save some time.

My dope (data books) are often tailored to the specific venue that I will be attending.

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.