Return to Index  

It has been mentioned more than once

May 17 2017 at 12:42 PM
L.Pirrone  (Login LPIRRONE)
YF

Response to I care, a lot

That hunter should be an entry level class till the shooter decides what "Real" class he is going to shoot. I am going back 10 years or so when that was the thought. Open class was the most popular class and if we had 10 shooters every once in a while some one would shoot Hunter. I think the first guy in our club to do so was LD. Pretty soon as new guys came in we steered them to Hunter because that was the least equipment intensive for them to get into the sport. that is how we "grew the sport". Funny thing is no one ever graduated to the "Real" class (open) and in fact there has been a gradual defection from open to hunter particularly as guys age and the knees get bad. I'm 72 and still shoot open because as you know old people don't want to learn new things and I can still get up and down without injury. Anyway, hunter now seems to be the dominant shooting style in our club and Open is going away. Now we are starting to see guys gradually gravitate to "Freestyle". Pretty soon it may be a big significant class. Time will tell. If i get to the point where I can't get up and down any more that is probably the direction I will go so I don't have to buy new scopes. We will be steering new guys into Freestyle till they decide to shoot a "Real" class. And so the evolution of FT in America will continue.

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.