Return to Index  

Shoulder problems.

May 17 2017 at 11:54 PM
Scott Hull  (Login Scotchmo1957)
YF

I've had on and off shoulder issues the last few years. Fairly minor, but each year, it takes less and less to aggravate it. I switched to left hand computer mousing a couple years ago to reduce my right arm usage. Some on-going home remodeling/maintenance/repairs gets part of my shoulders quota of use, and shooting gets what remains. I mostly shoot side lever piston guns, which has not helped things. I sold My Diana 54 early last year as it was too much for my shoulder and I would rather shoot more than less. Out of sight, out of mind - well almost. I really liked that gun. I switched to my easy cocking 12fpe piston gun. It's been better for my shoulder, but just the repetitive motion is starting to cause problems. I've also used break barrels and under-levers with left arm cocking. That saves my right shoulder but I've never really taken to those guns for FT.

I made a conscious decision a few days ago to switch mostly to PCP, and maybe shoot piston just once in a while. I've got a good shooting 12fpe Marauder pistol/carbine, and a good 19fpe Marauder rifle. I already shoot the pistol quite a bit, so it's ready for carbine duty at this weekends Temecula WFTF match. I plan on shooting PCP at the upcoming Nevada and Oregon GP matches. I have not decided what I'll do at the Nationals yet.

I hope my fellow piston competitors (Jeff C, James B, Larry P, etc...) get this message.

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.