Return to Index  

Really!

June 16 2017 at 11:44 AM
JimC  (Login 22Jim)
YF

Response to Discussed

I think it is funny that shooters that use 50x scopes that are capable of range finding to +- 12 inches at 55yds, who can click to hold their cross hairs dead center on the KZ every shot and can dial down the power to shoot are threatened by the possibility that the Hunter class may actually have a technique that allows them to range with some precision (+- 2-3yds) beyond 40yds. Even if we were given the target distances we still have to shoot at 12x and hold off. As is so often said in these type of discussions, what difference does it make, you are not competing against hunter class shooters anyway.

If anyone thinks bracketing is the answer, they should try it and see how effective it is. Scott is the only shooter I know that competes at the highest levels of the sport who effectively uses bracketing and he could and did compete at the same level before his interest in bracketing.

But to the real point of the post, target numbering. The last two matches I shot had numbered targets and I found them quite helpful. They clearly identify the shooting sequence of the targets, they are invaluable in allowing you to quickly locate the targets in a given lane and sometimes can allow you to glean wind information. All of which are pluses for "ALL" classes of shooters. Obviously the European FT shooters see some value in doing the same. As he pointed out the technique is not required and is up to the discretion of the MD. If you don't believe it adds value, don't use it.

I believe Scott was trying to pass on his experience with target numbering as opposed to some plot to allow the Hunter class some special advantage.

Jim in Sacramento

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.